Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bring on the positive vibes!

As many people either know, or have noticed, I have often been quite negative.  I don't like to be by any means, but it seems like that's the direction my overall views have been going for too long for me to even keep track of anymore.  As of lately though, I've found that I've been the opposite...most of the time.  I've been trying to be more optimistic and less of a negative nelly.

I've noticed on Facebook, in my blog posts, and just my overall conversations with people, I've been either neutral or positive and this is a jump in the right direction.  For people who have known me for more years than they can remember, I used to me this obnoxious happy-go-lucky positive-vibe type of person.  Then life happens (I'm talking about the bad and negative aspects of life) and over time it's like my mentality just did a complete 180 and was the total opposite of what it used to be.  I've been working on getting back to the old me mentally and I'm on the right track.

Today is a perfect example, which is what got me thinking about this to begin with.  I feel like hell (sick if you've read my previous post) and I had to come into work because my job frowns upon calling off more than any job I've ever had.  Instead of being pissy all day and being a jerk to people, which is how I found myself typically reacting in this sort of situation previously, I instead smiled stayed in a good mood, didn't let the small stuff set me off, and I even was nice to people who normally make steam come from my ears.  I stayed in a good mood all day regardless of how shitty I felt.

I just couldn't help notice the changes I'm slowly making to my overall mental state of mind and I'm glad to see I'm becoming my old self again.  VERY slowly, but still some progress nevertheless.  It's change in the right direction and I'm pretty proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment