Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

It's been awhile since I've updated and I must say I've been busy.  It seems like all my time lately, both at work and outside of work, has been hectic.  Some good busy situations, some bad, some that I don't know how to catagorize.  So, here's a rundown of my life since the last time my fingers touched my keyboard for a blog post.

I got a promotion at work.  Yay!  I won't have to deal with that witch of a boss anymore and I'll finally be happier at work.  I know, that's hard to believe since my job has made me so miserable for such a long time, but I'm going to have a boss that I really like, I'm going to be getting paid much better, I'll have a job that will keep me more busy, and I'll have more vacation days. So, all around a positive change that I'm looking forward to starting.  I haven't officially started the new job yet, but very soon.  Until then, I'm juggling trying to tie up loose ends in my current job and keep in touch with my new manager on when all the changes will start to go into effect.  I can't wait!  The only down side is that I will be working every other weekend and I've gotten spoiled to having my weekends completely open, but I think it will all be worth it.

My boyfriend and I have been continuing to house hunt.  Granted, it's sort of on hold right now, but only because there was one tiny thing that needed to be worked on with the bank in order to get the loan.  That has now been taken care of and in about 2 months we can go back to looking for a house again.  2 months might seem kind of long, but it will all be worth it.  Until this weekend when those loose ends were being worked on, it seems like all our free time has been dealing with banks and looking for houses in our price range, talking to people for additional information, and just all sorts of stuff like that.  Finally some breathing room for a couple months.

Then there is my health.  I believe I previously posted about the abdominal pain that I had, well this weekend I finally had my appointment for my abdominal ultrasound and it seems that I have gallstones.  Yikes!  The only thing to fix that is to have my gallbladder removed.  So, I have to wait to hear from the surgeon that my doctor will be sending a referral to and I will be scheduling yet another surgery  (I've had 2 surgeries in the past for non-related things).  It's a good thing you don't need a gallbladder, otherwise I would be royally freaking out.  The good news is that since I'm young, getting this done now will keep me from getting anything severe from this problem when I'm older.  Most gallstone issues are more severe when your more up there in age, so getting this taken care of now will avoid any problems later in life.  The one thing that sucks is that I'm being told no greasy or fried food and I should avoid chocolate and spicy stuff.  OMG!  Me avoid spicy!?!?!??!  How the hell am I supposed to do that?!?!?  I guess it's only until I have this removed, but still.  For anyone that knows me, spicy is my obsession.  I will put hot sauce on almost anything, except things meant to be sweet.  Ewww!  If I look at the bright side though, this will force me to get back on the healthy eating track, because lord knows I haven't been as good with that as I should be lately.

So, overall, mostly good news to update, but then some bad/ugly news.  Overall though, life has been busy and I must say that with the exception of having to schedule a surgery, it's been hectic for good reasons.  Now to try to get back on track with a normal life again.  Lord knows I need the breathing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment