Monday, June 13, 2011

No way did I just do that!

Yes I did!  I just finished week 6 of C25K, which consisted of running 25 straight minutes.  I'm exhausted, but I feel amazing.  I never thought I, of all people, would be able to run for a straight 25 minutes and feel like I could still keep going.

I've always hated running in the past, but that was probably because I got tired so fast.  It was a form of exercise that seemed to almost be useless for me because of me doing it for only 2 minutes and feeling like I was dying.  This C25K program has definitely gotten me to be able to not only run for long periods of time, but to enjoy it!  Who would have thought that I would actually enjoy running?  Not me!  I do though and I'm loving that I'm enjoying it.

My main forms of working out lately has been running and yoga.  Running for my cardio and yoga for my strength training.  This combo seems to be working great for me because I'm feeling good, enjoying my workouts, and after almost 2 months of being at a plateau, I lost 2 pounds this week.  Yay!  Although, the weight loss wasn't just the working out combo, it was also the fact that this was my first week doing a low-carb diet.  I didn't realize how much carbs were holding me back until I got on the scale this weekend and that plateau was finally defeated.  Thank you Dr. Oz for that show that opened my eyes  (I posted about this a few posts back).  Those damn carbs are my enemy and when I reduce them and get into a good workout combo that I enjoy, I can continue on with my weight loss.  Now I plan on keeping up with what I did this past week and see if I can get anymore weight dropped before my vacation next month.  If I could drop another size, or even reach 50 pounds lost by the time my vacation hits next month, I will be a happy camper.  I'm determined to do my best and see how successful I can be.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: