Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vacation is growing near

I'm getting more and more excited for vacation the closer it gets.  I'm down to just 2 weeks away and I'm already getting in that "I don't care" mode at work.  It's like I do what I need to, but I spend more time slacking off than I do actually working.  Then again, that could be also because this week so far has been pretty slow.  Regardless though, my mind is transitioning over to vacation mode as each day grows closer.

My boyfriend, best friend, and her hubby will be sunny California in 13 days.  I'm looking forward to a couple planned events, catching up with a friend or two out there, and mostly just being sporatic and enjoying the relaxation and random ideas of things to do out there as each day comes.  I love going on vacations and just winging it.  It makes it more exciting.  It allows you to be creative and check out places you normally wouldn't go to.  I'm so psyched that I can't even describe it.

So, how nerdy am I?  I have already wrote out my list of stuff to pack so that the weekend before I leave, I can just pack everything based on my list and not stress over possibly forgetting anything.  Not to mention, I thought writing it in advance would give me time to add to it as I think of other necessary items I'll need to drag along.  I'm someone that usually overpacks anyways for vacation, but only because I'd rather have a little more than I need than risk not having enough.  Not to mention, as long as I don't go over the weight requirement for my luggage at the airport, who cares.  Right?

This vacation is much needed though.  Saying I'm burned out at work is an understatement, so having a week to just take it easy and have fun is going to be a great stress reliever.  My last actual vacation from work was July of last year, and that was a staycation, so this year's time off is going to blow last year's out of the water.  Also, I hope to actually come back with some color.  I'm tired of being pasty.  I want to have that pretty vacation glowing skin a.k.a. a tan.  LOL!

I already have a hair appointment scheduled to get a cute summer cut,  I have my plans to get a much needed manicure and pedicure before I leave, and I already bought a bunch of new summer clothes.  Not because I need new clothes for vacation, but because my summer clothes from last year are all too big on me.  Yay for losing 47 pounds so far!  My goal is to hit 50 pounds lost before I leave in 13 days.  Can I successfully lose 3 more pounds?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and doing my best.

Speaking of mentally being in vacation mode though, I should probably stop slacking and get back to work, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment