Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Burning out to the extreme

I can always tell when I'm getting burned out.  I go from being my normal goofy self to this angry, cranky person that stops giving a crap about my work.  It's like I fake happiness when my body has hit a wall.  Mentally and physically I'm drained from work and I find every question, request, added project, etc. an inconvenience that makes me want to walk out the office and never return.  I have been relieving my stress after work by working out, which has helped to a point, but the next morning I go into the office and my stress level goes right back to max.

I'm trying to keep in mind that my week and a half vacation is growing closer though.  I'm 35 days away from being out of this state and away from the stresses of my normal everyday life.  I do have other events to look forward to this summer prior to vacation though, which also helps bring down my stress level a bit.  This weekend I have the Zombie March in downtown Chicago and the following weekend I'm attending the NKOTBSB concert with my cousin.  So, these next 2 weekends will be fun.  I also plan on doing some much needed pampering to myself the weekend before I leave for vacation.  I will be getting my hair done, a no-chip manicure, and a pedicure.

So, I definitely have fun stuff planned to be a stress reliever for my burned out self.  It's just a matter of keeping my sanity Monday-Friday during the working hours.  Maybe I'll have to treat myself to an iced coffee every morning since those always seem to put a smile on my face and keep me going through the day.  Mmm...iced coffee!  Yeah, that may be something worth trying.  Iced coffee, will you please help get me through the work day and keep me from being tempted to walk out?  Thanks in advance iced coffee.  You're a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment