Friday, September 30, 2011

The Bug That's Going Around

It seems like lately everyone is getting sick.  The usual cold, sore throat, cough, achy body, etc.  I'm pretty sure this drastic change in Chicago weather has a lot to do with it.  It seems to go from warm to cold to rainy and then that rotations restarts, but not necessarily in that order.

It seems I'm the next one to be getting struck with this damned cold/throat thing.  I woke up this morning and I blew my nose more times than I could tell you.  I was coughing left and right and my throat had that imfamous cold-coming-on feeling.  That slimy meets scratchy feeling.  You know what I mean.  Anyways, here I am at work counting down for the weekend to begin and instead of looking forward to the weekend, here I am dreading it because I'm pretty sure my time away from work is going to consist of cold meds and sleeping.  Ugh!

Being sick sucks!  What sucks even more is when your sick on a weekend.  I'm not saying I enjoy being sick when I have to come into work, but at least you know that your not missing much when you feel like hell on a work day.  It's like you either call in and dope yourself up on cold meds while you alternate between napping and watching crappy daytime TV or you go into work and just work very half-assed while you daydream about being in bed.  You know everyone you'd rather be spending time with is more than likely also at work and couldn't hangout anyways so you're not losing much being sick on a weekday.  On the weekend; however, being sick means you miss out on fun and getting things done that you want to get done.  It's like those 2 days off go to waste.

I'm hoping that making a Walgreens run after work to get myself some cold meds and start taking them tonight will help me avoid the worst of this wretched cold.  It doesn't always seem to work that way, but once in awhile I get lucky.  Let's hope this is one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment