Monday, September 12, 2011

Love is in the air

This was a great weekend full of love, happiness, joy, smiles, family, and friends.  I took Friday off since it was the day of the wedding rehearsal, dinner, and the day all us girls were getting our nails and pedis done with the bride.  Relaxing and fun.

Then on Saturday was my buddy Carmen's wedding.  It was beautiful!  She looked amazing!  The ceremony went perfect, the reception was a blast, and I only cried 3 times throughout the night (when Carmen walked down the aisle with her father, when her and her hubby said their vows, and the father/daughter dance at the reception).  Sal took tons of pictures with my camera and I'll have to filter through them soon and see which ones I can print or e-mail to the bride and groom.  The only bad thing about the night was that the headache I had for part of the day turned into a migraine and I had to leave the wedding a bit early, but at least I stayed the night at my sweetie's place and the next morning (still with my head feeling terrible), he held me and made me feel loved and cared for.

Then on Sunday was mine and Sal's 7 year anniversary.  We kept it simple and casual and we just spent the day together and got lunch just the two of us at Red Lobster.  Other than that, we kept the day the same as any other day, but we made sure it was just us two.  Over lunch though, I really was ready to get teary eyed because we literally talked about almost nothing except our future wedding plans.  I don't know if it was the experience of the beauty and happiness of the wedding we attended the night before or if it was just the romance of spending some one-on-one time on our anniversary or a combo of both.  Regardless though, it felt amazing to talk in such depth with Sal about our future wedding plans.

We covered everything from who we would want to stand up in our wedding, who we'd consider being our best man and maid of honor, how many guests we'd want, who we'd have to and want to invite to the wedding, the color scheme, the possible location, etc.  We literally discussed in depth what we would be interested in having as our wedding.  I know we're serious about getting married.  I know we're the ones meant to be together.  It just touched me to see that we actually took that next step of mentally planning how we would want our wedding to go.

As of right now our future plans goes like this, first we need to move out of our parents houses.  We're currently saving up and plan on starting to look at places come January.  Then after we move out, we'll do the whole engagement thing.  Maybe not immediately since that leads to planning a wedding and money will be tight at first, but it will definitely be shortly after moving out.  Then we'll get married when we have our date picked.  From there life will just happen and fall into place.

It's the moments that this weekend brought that make me happy.  It's the moments that make all those terrible work weeks seem non-existant.  I wish I could feel as happy as I was this weekend all the time.  It's definitely a feeling I could get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment