Monday, September 19, 2011

Positive changes need to happen

It seems like for months now, I've been in this perma-down-in-the-dumps mood.  Yeah, that's a mouth full.  It seem like no matter what I do or what I try to do for myself, that mood doesn't seem to be changing.  I know a lot of those negative feelings and that sour mood would change with a new job, but since that doesn't seem to be happening yet, I need to find things that will bring my mood up in other ways.  I really want to make some changes that won't just be temporary, but things that can get me out of this funk and keep me going continually.

For starters, I need to get back into working out more than once a week.  When I workout regularly, I notice that my overall mood is improved significantly.  I don't plan on being a workout nazi to the point when I make that my life and force others into that lifestyle, but I know for me I need to get back into my 4-day a week routine.  Those 4-days a week used to keep my mood pretty damn good for the week and it also was a stress reliever for me, which I know I very much need.

I also want to do some things that are just good for the soul, like donating blood every so often (or other type of charity based events) or just getting together with friends for a night of laughs.  I've been a little distant with people lately, but it's because I'm trying to get myself to a happier place and I really needed some "ME" time.  Not to mention I know what it feels like to hangout with someone when they are in a funk and it results to the whole group kind of being down, quiet, or distant.  I didn't want to be the cause of that weird feeling or mood.  The problem is, that even that ME time hasn't helped, so I'm considering doing the exact opposite.  Maybe surrounding myself with friends and laughs every so often would help.  I read an article recently about things that just naturally can bring happiness to people and being surrounded by positivity and good friends was one of the things on that list.  So, I may have to do just that.

Another thing I need to do is try to push the negativity from my life.  I know I can't control negative people and feelings all the time, no one can, but I can definitely distance myself from it.  Work is a big place for me to be surrounded by negativity, which I obviously can't avoid.  What I can do though is just breath and walk away as needed when something that's bringing on high stress levels or bitching from the people I have to deal with.  I do this already on occasion, but definitely not nearly enough.  Usually I sit there, bitch a fit to someone, and remain angry and frustrated over whatever the situation or person that caused it.  If you read my previous post, I've dealt with a lot of backstabbing at work lately and this has brought me to the point of wanting to find a new way of handling my aggravation and stress at work.  I have to find a better way to deal with it for now.  Eventually I'll be free of this place, but as long as I'm stuck here, I need to find a way to handle the things that have been breaking me down lately.  So, this is why I'm trying to find positive ways to deal with the negatives around here.  Outside of work though, I can't say I deal with much negativity, at least on a regular enough basis to where changes need to be worked on.  The main negatives outside of work have to deal with myself and that's what I've been working on and will continue to work on.

All around, I have to surround myself with as much positivity as I can to get me in a better overall mood.  I'm tired of feeling depressed, down, unappreciated, stressed, etc.  I need to find ways to deal with all these things and more to get me back in a mood I'm happy with.  I hate being in these kind of moods and I know it affects those around me, which I hate more.  I don't like affecting other around me negatively.  So, changes have to start to happen for the better, not just to help myself, but to help the relationships around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment