Sunday, July 10, 2011

Packed for vacation....CHECK!

I'm offically all packed up for vacation.  Granted, we don't leave until Tuesday, but I wanted to get it done and over with because, let's face it, packing sucks.  It's probably the only thing I don't enjoy about vacations.

It's like you have to decide the clothes you want to bring and make sure they fit the different things you have planned and then some for those spontaneous plans.  So, I did that.  Then, of course, I had to make sure I had the proper shoes packed.  For me it was one pair of gym shoes for those long walking days (zoo, amusement parks, etc.) and flip flops of assorted colors.  Yes, gym shoes and flip flops are all I need.

Then it came time to make sure I had all the necessary hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.), so I packed all those up and made sure I had them put somewhere in my suitcase easily accessable for security to check.  Granted, I'm checking in my luggage, it's not a carry-on, but I still wanted to make sure they were accessible due to the whole liquid thing with airlines.  Along with those things, I made sure I had my make-up packed for those days when you want that evening look and also my necessary hair care needs (brushes, comb, hairdryer, etc.).  I realize that most hotels have hairdryers already in there, but I only dry my hair with that attachment that straightens my hair and I've never seen those in a hotel.  So, I pack my own.

I made sure to have my camera battery fully charged and my camera packed and ready for lots of use.  I have a book packed for reading on the long flight, and I even laid out my clothes to wear the day of my trip.  I wanted to be comfortable, but still cute for whatever plans lay ahead the day we land.  The only thing I still have to pack are those little last minute items like my phone charger (which I'll still use prior to Tuesday).  Other than that, I'm packed and ready to go.

I can't believe that in 2 days I'll be in California.  I'm so psyched and it will definitely beat the rainy weather we're due to have here for the first few days we're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment