Friday, July 8, 2011

Too much energy!

Today I feel like I have the energy to do cart wheels and run around like a kid outside.  It's entirely energy due to a natural high (I promise, it's a NATURAL high).

Yesterday I got my braces off (FINALLY!!!) and my self esteem instantly went up.  It's like not looking in the mirror and seeing this metal mouth instantly made me feel prettier.  I went from being disgusted at my smile because I refused to open my mouth to suddenly not being able to stop smiling because I feel like I have a beautiful smile again.  Granted I have to go after work today to pick up my retainer, but that's totally doable, especially because I think it's only going to need to be worn at night when I go to sleep (at least that's how they made it sound).

Then today I've gotten compliments left and right about my weight loss.  I'm at 48 pounds lost so far as of this morning, which is still 2 pounds away from my pre-vacation goal, but it's still an amazing feel to be so close.  I've had people tell me how great I'm looking with my weight loss and it's another boost to that self esteem that already was boosted yesterday after my braces were removed.  I love feeling pretty!

Of course, last but far from least, there is the fact that in just 4 1/2 hours I'm officially on vacation and away from work for 11 days.  I absolutely can not wait!  Everyone knows I hate my job more than any other job I have ever had in my life, so this 11 day vacation away from here has me beyond giddy.  I'm like on cloud 9 just thinking about it.  This weekend I have all my pampering planned (haircut, eyebrows threaded, manicure, & pedicure) and then on Tuesday I fly out to California for 7 days.  Sooooo excited!  Weeeeeee!!!!!

I think I'm also so full of energy and happy because I know that after I get back from vacation I can start job hunting.  Granted, I could have been job hunting for awhile already, but not many jobs appreciate you accepting a new job and then telling them that you need an 11 day vacation.  So, to avoid that being a brick wall to my job hunting progression, I figured I would put it on hold until after I get back from vacation and have the availability to apply for jobs without something scheduled getting in the way.

All around, this is a good day and I see the next 11 days being amazing.  I can't wait for 4:30 to get here when my freedom begins.  Sooooo giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment