Monday, July 11, 2011

Reading...it's an expensive habit.

Ever since I stopped playing WoW (World of Warcraft for my non-gamer readers), I decided to get back into reading.  It was something I always loved doing, but stopped doing because I got hooked on gaming.  I cancelled my WoW account due to losing interest in the game and also to save money (it was about $16.00/month to play).  So, I cancel my account and start reading the books I've had for awhile that I never got around to reading.

Since I used to do A LOT of gaming, I had A LOT of time to read.  Needless to say, I got all caught up with reading those books that I had.  Now it was time to get some new books, so I did that.  I took advantage of the closeout sale that Borders was having when they closed down and I now had a bunch of new books to read.  Well, again, I finished them.  So, I bought more books (this time not on discount) and again, I'm almost done reading them.  Ugh!  I'm starting to think that my new addiction to reading books it a more expensive habit than my gaming addiction used to be.

When I was gaming it was about $16.00/month habit, but now with having to keep up with buying new books, I'm spending between $5.00-$8.00 per book and I go through a book about once a week (give or take depending on how long & interesting the book is).  I think my book habit is worse than my gaming habit.  Too bad I can't force myself to get back into playing WoW, because at least that addiction was cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment