Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nerd Alert!

Yesterday, I was in a major nerdy mood.  All I wanted to do from the start of the day to the finish of it was game.  I wanted to game like no other gamer out there.  That was my plan for the day too.  Just chill out, game it, have some fun, some snacks, maybe an iced coffee and just be a geek.  Well, then I remembered, I had a friend's birthday dinner to go to.  So, I figured, I'd release my geekiness another way.  I'll wear my geekiness!  So, I pull out my Priest class WoW baby tee, my +20 Frost Resistance hoodie on, a pair of cute jeans and sneakers and I'd be in casual gamer mode, even if I couldn't game it all day as planned.

A phone call then comes in a my boyfriend and I find out that the dinner plans have been cancelled due to our friend's parents kidnapping him for their own birthday dinner plans and we'll have to take a rain check.  Great!  Time to geek out!  Then we do just that.  We open up our laptops and geek out for most of the evening.

It's sad how easily I'm pleased by something as simple as just spending a day being a gamer geek.  Sometimes you just need to have a day to veg out and yesterday was definitely my day.

That brings me to today.  I plan on geeking it up again.  I did spend some time with my mom and we went shopping together, which was all she really wanted to do.  I did get in my workout (I did day 1 of my C25K.  Yay!) and after a filling lunch, I'm now in gamer mode.  With that said, I should get back to my gaming.  I'm so proud to be a nerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment