Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pumped up!

Although I've been working out and watching what I eat for the past 6 months or so (down 41 pounds so far), I found that this week I've been overly pumped about working out.  It's almost like a second wind with my workout routine.

Last week I started C25K and I've been sticking with it.  Today will be day 3 of week 2, which is also the last workout for the week on C25K.  I'm not stopping there though, I plan to keep running and mixing in some yoga as well this week.  It's like I don't feel like I can get enough.  Maybe I'm just really overly motivated because my vacation is 2 months away and I'm standing up in one of my friend's wedding in 4 months and being my current weight for both of those events isn't acceptable to me.  Not to mention, I have no idea when I will hear back to take the physical exam for the police department I applied for.  I have to be as prepared as possible for that.

I've also found that when it comes to working out and losing weight, I can be mighty competitive.  I don't have to "win", since any loss of weight is a win, but it's like I can't have people around me pushing themselves hard for something I equally want and then me slack on it.  My best friend this past week got on the workout bandwagon and that might also have pushed me to push myself harder.  It's like I want to make sure that I continue to lose while she's losing.  I want both of us to be successful and not be left behind because I suddenly start to slack.  Sounds dumb, maybe, but that's just me.  I'm a competitive person in a lot of ways and this, oddly enough, happens to be one of the things that brings out my competitive nature.

With that said, I'm counting down the time until I get out of work so that I can get home and do my week 2 day 3 C25K workout.  I find it wierd how psyched I am to workout when this time last year working out to me was a chore and I hated even the thought of it.  I love when my mindset changes for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment