Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Some managers are just inappropriate!

Mine is a perfect example of this statement.  She has a permanent attitude regardless of what you say or ask for.  It's like pleasing her isn't possible.  She only points out flaws, not the positives of your work and you get yelled at for doing your job (yes, you read this right!).  Let me give an example.  She's on a phone call and I take a message from a caller that bounces to me due to her being on a call already.  I write down the message fully and give it to her.  She yells at me that she doesn't want to speak with that person.  Okay...that's nice and all, but you're not speaking with the person.  It's a damn message!  You choose to return the call or not.  How is it that me taking the message (as I'm supposed to for my job) isn't what you want?

She's also known to talk badly about her employees to their peers and sharing private details about them (I've been a victim of this).  Should she be fired for this?  Absolutely!  The problem is she's related to the CEO of the company making her pretty much untouchable.  Yeah, she's a pretty terrible person.  I'd love to see karma bite her in the ass one day, but I'll leave that for a much higher power to take care of.  To simplify it though, it's her picture that's in the dictionary next to the word "Bitch".

She's just one example of many managers that I have worked with or around that are inappropriate.  I've had numerous jobs and it seems like you can always find a good manager here and there, but unfortunately there are far too many that are very much like my current boss.  They may not necessarily do the exact same things as she does, but they have their flaws that are highly inappropriate for manager material.  It's like when these people inview for the manager position, they put on this sweet and professional persona.  They pretend to be anything other than what they really are.  The interviewer loves them and hires them.  The newly hired manager then acts exactly as they are expected to act for at least the first 90 days (gotta love probation periods), then as time goes on, their true colors show and out comes Lucifer himself.  It's like these people are amazing actors/actresses.  Can we get an Academy Award for these people?  Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment