Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clubbing = Pathetic form of amusement

Out of all the things out there to do to enjoy yourself, there are few that I can say that I either dislike or refuse to do.  I'm a pretty open person with having fun and trying new things.  I'm usually not one to turn down forms of fun; however, there is one form of "fun" and/or "amusement" that I can't stand and can honestly say I hate with a passion....clubbing.  I can't stand going to clubs!  Here is my list of reasons why clubs suck...


1. The music is far too loud!  I'm not one for listening to loud music, even in my car.  I don't even blast music that I love.  I'm just not one for loudness.  I don't even listen to the TV or a movie loud.  So, having blaring music constantly with no breaks for silence is just not my thing in the least bit.  Besides, I'm big on conversation and you can't talk with music that loud.  You can only scream at each other like crazy people if you want to say anything.

2.  Remixes and Euro music.  Both of these are just so not my cup of tea.  I can love a song, but the moment it gets remixed, I feel like the song has been destroyed.  So, to remix a song and add this ungodly amount of bass to the point where even non-dance music becomes dance music, that's drawing the line for me.  Then Euro music...don't get me started.  I can rant and rave about that one for awhile, but I'm not going to because I'd rather not make this any longer than I need to.  Long story short though...I hate Euro music and it all sounds the same to me.

3. The guys in clubs.  Most of the guys in clubs are there looking for a girl to hook up with.  I'm not on the prowl by any means.  I'm in a long term relationship with a man that I love with all my heart, so to have to deal with horny, creepy guys approaching me all night asking to either dance or for my number makes me sick.  I've never been one to want random guys hitting on me.  Even when I was single, I didn't like being hit on in a pushy way.  It's not my thing and I find it a huge turn off.  What makes these guys even worse is that if you tell them your taken in hopes that they go away they push even more like they think everyone in a club is a slut and willingly to just meet up for a quick fuck.  No thanks!  I'd prefer the guys in the club to stay at least 50 yards away.  Can I just get a pre-emptive  restraining order prior to going to a club to keep these creepers away?  That would be nice if I could.

4. The skanky girls.  I hate going to a club and seeing these girls dressed in next to nothing to try to get these guys that I listed above that I avoid.  Typically, unless your a slut, you don't pick up guys by dressing in a little of clothing as possible.  That might just be my opinion, but it's my opinion nevertheless and it's how I truely feel.  Introduce me to a girl that dresses in next to nothing and goes to a club that doesn't intend to pick up a guy for a night of sex and maybe I'll change my opinion on this, but I doubt anyone will be able to find a girl like this.  I feel pretty confident of that.

5. The over priced drinks.  I'm not one that goes to clubs by choice...EVER!  If I'm there, it's because I got forced into it somehow, so I like to at least get a buzz from a few drinks to make the night less hair pulling.  The problem with this is that the drink prices are ridiculous and the sizes of the drinks are pathetic.  So, you're paying an arm and a leg for the itty bitty drink.  Definitely not worth it.

6. Dancing.  I don't dance.  It's not that I don't like to, I mean it's great exercise, but I suck at it.  So, to avoid looking like a dork by just swaying back in forth in a circle with the group of people I'm with, I just chill out on the side and drink one of those over priced drinks I listed above.  What's even more annoying to me is when people try to get me to dance (strangers or friends), I say no, and they keep pushing.  How about leaving me the hell alone and not push me to do something I'm not interested in?  That would be ideal.


Now, you're all probably wondering what made me bring up this rant of why I hate clubbing.  It's because one of my closest friends of 21 years is getting married next month and I'm standing up in the wedding.  Well, since I'm standing up in the wedding, I'm basically before forced to go to the bachelorette party.  This bachelorette party consists of a drag queen show (this I think will be a blast and I'm highly looking forward to it), dinner, and then finally a club *cringe*.  I'm highly leaning towards doing the dinner and the drag queen show and then having my boyfriend pick me up and rescue me from the hell that is a night club.  If he can't rescue me though, I'm screwed because we're all riding together the entire night in a rented Suburban that we're all chipping in for.  The maid of honor's brother is our designated driver, so it's not a concern for anyone to have to drive after a night of drinking, but that also means that if I want to go home early, I can't...unless my boyfriend is sweetie and rescues me early.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because right now I'm cringing at the thought of having to go to a club in a few weeks.  I'm literally thinking of every excuse in the book to not go, but lying just isn't me.  So, if my boyfriend agrees to be my hero on that night, I'm just going to be honest and run for the hills prior to going to the club.  Yeah, some of you may think I'm a bad friend for avoiding attending the full bachelorette party, but I just hate clubs that much that no matter how much I love my friend, it's just not worth it.  Trust me, if the tables were turned, I wouldn't be mad or hurt.  In fact, I've had friends avoid parties/get togethers that I've had because it wasn't something that was their cup of tea, and I was fully okay with it.  So, I'd like to think that she can be equally as understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment