Sunday, August 7, 2011

Goodbye rut!

My last blog post was about being stuck in an exercise rut, and although I didn't fix that problem immediately, today the problem has come to a halt.  Today, I pushed myself to go for a run and stop the slacking.  I've been feeling sluggish and I hated that I was putting my weightloss on hold for no good reason other than laziness.  So, today I put a stop to that crappy feeling and pushed myself to workout.

I must say, that I'm shocked that today of all days was that one that successfully I pushed myself to workout.  Let me give you a run down of my day so you all can see why that is.

~ I started the day by waking up earlier than I wanted to.  My body forced me awake just before 8:00 this morning.  Needless to say on a weekend that sucks.  I couldn't fall back asleep though even though saying I was still sleepy was an understatement.

~ Then I took my car in to get my muffler put back on (it fell off months ago and I kept putting off forking over the money to have it reattached).

~ Immediately after getting my muffler fixed, I ran over to Target to buy some items off my buddy's bridal registry for her shower that's in a couple weeks.

~ After that I came home and immediately starting sorting though clothes and misc other things to get them together for a garage sale that my boyfriend and I are having in a few weeks.  I did this for a couple hours and I'm still not done.

I decided to take a break from that for a bit and in that short time of relaxing (about an hour), I got really drowsy and decided to take a nap, well before I could even close my eyes, I put my foot down and told myself that I need to cut this procrastination and get my butt in gear.  So, instead of curling into bed, I changed into workout clothes, got my running shoes on, and went outside for a run.  I did a walk/run combo for 30 minutes.  Granted its a short workout, but I feel amazing.  To top that off, my day isn't even close to done.  I still have to shower and get ready to go and get the alterations done on ours dresses with the bride and other bridesmaids of the wedding I'm standing up in next month and then we're all doing dinner together right afterwards to discuss last minute plans with the shower/bachelorette party/wedding.

This has been and is continuing to be a long Sunday, but I'm feeling really accomplished and I'm happy about that.  The good news is, with this full day, I should hopefully sleep really good tonight.  Maybe I'll actually feel refreshed on a Monday morning....or maybe I shouldn't push it.  It's a nice thought though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment